[NTLK] OT: on OT

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde_at_plg2.math.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 14:49:59 EDT

I can tolerate talk of satanist Macs, girlfriend's chests, the right
to keep and bear arms, and rally car driving as long as it's FACTUALLY
CORRECT!

Andre Baron wrote:

>Actually it's against the law, at least in Canada (and since traffic laws
>are almost identical us canada...) I used to follow this rule and sit behind
>the guy flashining headlights trying to get him to move over. I finally
>figured out that it is much les stressfull just to pass on the right.

It is not illegal in Ontario to pass on the right on a multilane
highway. Highway Traffic Act, RSO 1990, c. H-8, s. 150(1). You can
check it yourself at this URL:

http://192.75.156.68/DBlaws/Statutes/English/90h08_e.htm

Given that everyone seems to hang out in the middle lane of the 3-lane
sections of Highway 401 in Ontario, doing otherwise would effectively
reduce it to a two-lane road.

Now can we get back to talking about Newtons, please? --PR