Re: [NTLK] Re - Overclocking

From: hal9000x (hal9000x_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 18:46:50 EDT

So wouldn't the facts stated below lead one to NOT overclock the Newton
processor if one wishes to keep the unit operating for a long time.
Unless of course, one had an unlimited supply of Newtons and or Newton
processors. It seem to me that this is the problem with hardware
modifications to the Newton. You are trading, in many cases, an overall
insignificant improvement in overall performance for the possibility
that you might drastically shorten the life of the unit from a hardware
perspective. Software modifications/improvements do not present the same
dangers, if you will.

Will