Re: [NTLK] BACKING UP TO WINDOWS 2000

From: Murray, Tom (TMurray_at_usequities.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 11:54:39 EDT

I will say this...sometimes it's not always Windoze. I have noticed that
when I backup a plain Jane installation my MP backs up just fine. When I
restore or load "everything" then it hangs up and dies. When I watch what
it is backing up it seems to lock up when backing up the notepad. My guess
is I have a corruption in the store. Additionally, I have noticed that when
I backup using Basilisk via Ethernet it works fine...go figure...NCU on Mac
works better that on Windows.

So, the moral of the story is, backups may not always fail because of
Windoze.

Tom

> i tried slowdown.exe and it
> doesnt seem to work. does anyone know the correct slider equation? i am
> trying to make a full windows 2000 network at home but my win 98 pc is the
> only one i can backup my mp2k to right now.
I could successfully connect the MP2100 of my wife to her office PEECEE w/
W98 and 1.6GHz (!!!). We didn't try the backup thing but exporting of Notes,
Names and Dates was all she wanted. I had to start 3 (three !!!) instances
of slowdown.exe to get the performance down and transfer data w/o error -1.
This was a recommendation of someone on NTLK and I would like to thank this
person.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand