Re: [NTLK] Taking notes on Newton

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 08:44:17 EDT

> Unfortunately, the Newton then will insist that it is in fact a 'ÿ'.
> That is the only thing that required some User Retraining.
If you're writing in printed letters you might try to have a auto-replace
entry for 'ÿ -> ij in your user dictionary. With that and provided that you
wait a bit longer before and after writing ij you might get an automatic
insertion of the right characters and have to remove only the spaces later.

> Surprisingly, my Newton won't complain if I occasionally forget to lift
> the stylus beween two characters (like between the 'h' and 'e' in 'the'),
> it just doesn't like my 'ij''s.
I noticed this as well with the printed HWR . However, with using cursive
HWR it doesnt matter at all and I just tried the ij combination on my german
MP2100 and it recognised it properly after the first correction (pull-down
menu). I wrote a letter y with one dot only over the j. Also writing the ij
within a word gives at least one coice right with ij in the HWR pull-down.
Maybe the combination of cursive HWR and german NOS 2.1 would be a better
choice for you?

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand