[NTLK] Faxing with Option modem and GSM phone

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 06:59:45 EDT

Hello list members,

I need to fax while I'm mobile in a couple of weeks so I'm trying to get
faxing working on my MP2K1/Option 56K & GSM modem/Nokia 6110 GSM phone
combination.

I believe that I did get this working a couple of years ago, but at the
moment I can connect to the Internet and receive faxes reliably (I've got an
extra GSM number for receiving faxes) but not send faxes.

I've tried several modem "scripts" which I found on the original floppy that
came with the modem and on unna, including "Option by NewtonShop" and
"Option GSM". I've also tried all of the built-in scripts but to no avail.
The closest I get is that the phone dials but then reports that the number
is busy (it is not).

Does anyone have any tips for getting fax transmission working with this or
a similar combination? Has anyone made a definitive modem script for the
Option modems?

Thanks in advance,

Simon