Re: [NTLK] OT - Off Topic - Re: Safety

From: DON (don_at_dcphotos.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 12:42:32 EDT

>Lallang_at_aol.com wrote:
> Uh...I seem to recall some communities in Florida allowing weapons to be
> carried by citizens provided they were not concealed. This included
> handguns. The crime rate supposedly dropped by 70% immediately after. How
> true this is I don't know.

I was living in Fl. Then. I remember that MONTH well. Actually, it may have
been a law for a little more than a month but the law was more of an
appeasement to the Pro- Gun people. What happened was people were carrying,
in holsters, guns into 7-11'S, grocery stores, libraries, restaurants, etc,
and causing a panic. Old ladies were freaking out, dogs were barking, cats
were hissing and the public said "OK, this aint workin'".
So, the removed the law. I always though they passed it just to show it
would not work because of public panic.
Don (Fl native)

--
www.dcphotos.com