Re: [NTLK] AppleTalk Internet Router

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 01:19:46 EDT

On 4/20/02 12:38 AM, "Orjan Larsson" <orjan_at_sm4tfe.com> wrote:

> On l=F6rdag, april 20, 2002, at 06:00 ,John Skinner =
> <john_at_johnskinner.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Is it still a current product of Apple's and/or is it still available?
>
> I am running AppleTalk Internet Router on an old LC, and can answer No=20=
>
> and No.
>
> It does NOT work with Open Transport, so Apple did shed it for quite=20
> some time, never got updated for open transport networking.
> You can run it on, say, system 7.1 with classic networking, I do on my=20=
>
> LC.
>
> On the plus side, the AIR 3.x version is darn stable on my LC; when you=20=
>
> have found out an old system version that is stable. Hever had an hiccup=20=
>
> in 4 years time. Its easy to configure as AppleTalk seed router, and=20
> handles sich things beuatiful.
>
> If you only need LocalTalk to Ethernet AppleTalk routing, I would rather=20=
>
> suggest getting LocalTalk Bridge, an extension which works even with=20
> most MacOS 8.x version.
>
> sincerely
>

> Orjan Larsson
> Sweden

Thanks for the suggestions, but, I have tried using Apple's "LocalTalk
Bridge" before, but it will not do what I need.

I need Apple Internet Router's function so that I can make Appletalk
available on 2 Ethernet ports, and maybe a third serial port.

Anyone know of any other software that will do this?