[NTLK] Help with WaveLAN and Airport

From: Gerard Tripptree (gtripptree_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 22:49:29 EDT

I have my Airport 2.x base station up and running with my dual USB 600MHz
ibook. I can surf, e-mail, share files with my other Macs, etc but cannot
connect with my Newton MessagePad 2100. I keep getting a "... cannot
connect with DHCP server ..." error message.

My Airport is set up as a bridge to the wired ethernet lan and I am using
DHCP. The network name is "Newton", encryption is off, channel is 11.

I have the alpha3 driver and a WaveLAN silver in the Newt with all of the
usual ethernet packages. Card is setup for Appletalk. (The Newt connects
just fine through DHCP on the wired network!)

I have read most of the NewtonTalk archive articles but, nothing seems to
shed any light on the problem.

What am I missing here?

Thank you.