[NTLK] Apple Store Follies

From: Lee, Christopher J (christopher.j.lee_at_intel.com)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 10:58:45 EDT

Is it just me or is the Apple Store totally useless?

So I called them to order a serial adapter dongle, and the gentleman on the
other end had no idea what I was talking about (which I anticipated) and
indicated that he could try looking up the item by part number "I guess...",
but that "it never works". So he ran off to ask someone and after 5 minutes
came back on line, telling me that I need to go to POWERUP.COM and that the
Apple Store doesn't stock that part.

So I go to POWERUP.COM and they sell pickup truck parts. He obviously meant
POWERON.COM...and I'm not finding the part there.

Sheesh.