Re: [NTLK] New Ultra Portable

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 06:16:04 EDT

------------------
>Holy smokes Woo, do you really have one of those??

Yeah, it has the burning smell of Win.98 and Pentium II @ 400 Mhz., 12 G. =
HD., 128 mg. RAM.
---------------
Can you comment on
>whether it lives up to the hype on their website;

About 60%.
---------------
>ie hwr,

No HWR, just touch-screen, touch icon to open app., close window, re-draw =
window with touch, move files by touch. Very limited on-screen keyboard =
that works only in a few apps.
---------------
>voice recognition,

Kinda works, viavoice is better.
---------------
>wireless video communication,

Has a <1997 web cam>, slow and low res.
---------------
>hot docking?

Not good, worse than NCU.
But has firewire, USB(1), built-in 56k modem, built-in cd-rom, nice screen =
and cover, 2 hour batt.
It's worth $600-800.00 max.
>http://www.qbenet.com/productsVivo.htm
>
>>>scOtty teCHnoir

The Vivo is smaller, but the touch-screen is ok, not great, not bad...but =
I still like using a trackball...and my true-pen interface Newts.!

!ooW %-)
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!