[NTLK] hi./ getting online

From: Jeff Steinberg (AussiS5_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 14:41:35 EDT

hi everybody. I have been reading this list for some time, but never
posted. But today i got my upgraded MP2000 in the mail. Yowzers! Its
cool. I'd really like to be able to do some light web surfiing using
the ethernet card that came with it. The drivers for the card seem to be
installed, but NewtScape is expired. So i guess i need a new browser.
Thing is I'm on a new iBook. (no serial port) I'm vaguely aware of a way
of installing packages with ethernet.. I'd like to sync/backup on the
desktop also...but my first concern is getting everything i need to get
on the net and send email (possible w/ a @mac.com address?) Also, in
the internet setup the configuration seems to be ok... except for domain
name, it says ATT Broadband. I need to connect to a LAN. I hope i didn't
forget anything... Let me run it down
1. need browser, but need to install it somehow (connection to new mac
via ethernet(?)
2. How to configure internet setup.
3. Thanks a lot! Any help anyone could give would be greatly
appreciated. Feel free to mail me directly at AussiS5_at_mac.com