Re: [NTLK] Action Names Manual?

From: Bradford Schmidt (brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 11:14:40 EDT

On 4/19/2002 at 7:52 AM Jon Glass said:

>Just for the record, I use AN and can vouch that it is no where near as
>powerful as MI. :-)

>I think, however, that you will find that MI is a much more powerful
>application, and much more flexible. Besides that, AN has a few bugs that
>make using it frustrating at times, and that limit its functionality. :-(

---------To Which I Say---------

Well, I must say I agree with you. I WANTED to like action names, if for
no other reason than to save the 45 bux on MI - but no comparison. That's
the problem with demos - you get addicted :-)

AN is really buggy too. I just installed it on a freshly restored newt
(there's a good reason for at least 2 newts - one is a SW test bed) and
withing 5 minutes it munched my names soup and gave me a -48404 error if I
tried to open names. Did Iambic or Microsoft write this <g>.

Bradford Schmidt
Bradford Schmidt IMC
http://www.bsimc.com
845-708-9082