Re: [NTLK] Best PDA Stylus/Pen

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 00:10:37 EDT

on 18/04/02 23:00, Philip Katz at pkatt_at_mac.com wrote:

> On 4/18/02 4:58 PM, "hal9000x" <hal9000x_at_mac.com> wrote:
>

>> It comes with: orange highlighter, black pen, pencil and data tip. Very
>> solid and comfortable to use. Also, it costs $60.00. See at Art Brown:
>>
>> http://www.artbrown.com/merchant.ihtml?id=123&step=2
>>

>> They are an authorized dealer. Not every company that sells the pen is.
>>
>> I have no affiliation with Art Brown Pens I only know that after dealing
>> with them for years and years they are the best.
>>
>> Will
>> On Thursday, April 18, 2002, at 05:40 PM, Philip Katz wrote:
>>

>>> About the Rotring Quattro pen. Does it come with black pen, red pen,
>>> blue
>>> pen, and stylus (the page is confusing)? How does the stylus work on a
>>> Newt? Is the pen comfortable to hold/use? Most importantly: is it
>>> worth
>>> $35? The most expensive pen I've ever bought was 10, so I want to make
>>> sure
>>> it is worth it.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Read the List FAQ/Etiquette: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
>>> Read the Newton FAQ: http://www.guns-media.com/mirrors/newton/faq/
>>>

> Is this that same Quattro pen that someone got for $35 @ Costco and is $35
> at Stylus Central? I like that pen, but I would never pay $60. $35 is
> acceptable though, if it has all these things.

The one I got at Costco perfectly fits the description from Will. It's all
black, except for the red circle around the pen at the top and it has the
same features described by Will. Except mine is most likely made in Japan,
where Will's seems to be made in Germany. Rotring is a german company,
BTW...

-Laurent.

case and paste n.: [from `cut and paste'] 1. The addition of a new feature to an existing system by selecting the code from an existing feature and pasting it in with minor changes. Common in telephony circles because most operations in a telephone switch are selected using case statements. Leads to software bloat.