[NTLK] SimpleMail--Was Re: -48205 error

From: Scott P. Richert (ajrichert_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 11:24:03 EDT

Thanks, everyone, for the help. I suspect Woo has put his finger on
it. Interestingly, the problem only seems to arise when there is more
than one e-mail with an attachment. Anyway, it's working fine now, and
I've now got an ethernet card and, following Jon Glass's suggestion, I'm
connected via IRDA to my iMac with the Newton DIL tester (which is
simply cool).

One final problem, though: I've installed SimpleMail, and I like it very
much except that all of the message headers simply say "Text." It's a
little annoying to have to open each e-mail to find out what it's
about. Am I missing something? (I've got it configured for an iMap
account, if that makes any difference.)

Also, one of the few things I liked about inet Mail was the ability to
create a new Names entry from the sender of the message. (It's perfect
for building up my Names file in an otherwise empty Newton.) Is there
any easy way to do this in SimpleMail? I've e-mailed Simon Bell about
both of these things, but so far, I haven't heard from him.

Scott