Re: [NTLK] Trying to make new card style for Names app

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 10:53:02 EDT

Actually John, the only reason I don't use Show=All Info all the time, is
that the all-info layout expands vertically to the top of the screen, even
if there's only a few lines of info.

If I could patch Names so the Show-All vertical height varied from record to
record and was only tall enough to display the information, then I'd forget
about the custom bizcard style.

Actually that's another option, instead of making a new bizcard style,
another layout could be made that goes under the Show: button. I wonder if
it would be possible / easier to just make a clone of "All Info" that was
only tall enough to display data without wasting all the rest of the
vertical space.

Basically, what I want to achieve is to be able to see almost every bit of
information on a given Names record, while keeping the screen real-estate
shorter. Wider is acceptable.

-Stephanie

http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/