[NTLK] OT and Re: Alarm Clock with speech?

From: beaumontj_at_mindspring.com
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 10:07:14 EDT

>speaking of Dashboard...I wonder how difficult it
>would be to create a Dashboard script that grabs the
>current time and then speaks it?

Is there a online repository of Dashboard scripts? I bet there is some great stuff out there.

*Completely OT* but since there was a thread about OSX...

I primarily use OS 9.2.2 on my G4 (350 mhz Sawtooth) but I installed 10.1 and played around with it. I didn’t want all the X files scattered around the desktop in OS 9 so I stuck them in a folder and realized they need to be scattered around for it to boot from OS X. Later, I backed up my HD (onto a bigger HD). Copy, erase disk and copy back. So now, even though I have rescattered all the files onto the desktop and Startup Disk control panel sees an OS X system, when I select it and try to start from it I get a broken looking suitcase thing. Do I need to reinstall OS X?

Thanks!