Re: [NTLK] Alarm Clock with speech?

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 12:21:51 EDT

Jeremy Bond Shepherd wrote:

> Is anybody aware of any Alarm Clock apps which use TTS to announce the time?
>
> I thought Adam Tow's AlarmClock did this, but I don't see any place
> to activate it in the prefs.
>
> Would be cool to wake up to a noise of my choice + an announcement of
> the time, so I don't let myself get carried away with those snoozes
> as I am prone to do. :-)
>
> -Jeremy

I use TimePak (link to software below) to tell me what time it is
whenever I turn on my Newton, but I don't know if it works with alarms.
I'll test it when I get home.

http://www.brain-sucker.com/timepak.html

I found another program on UNNA called VoiceAlarms, but there is no
readme file with it and I don't have my Newton to try it out.

http://www.unna.org/unna/utilites/alarms-clocks-timers/VoiceAlarm/

HTH