Re: [NTLK] Alarm Clock with speech?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 11:52:59 EDT

Hmmm, I don't know about the TTS feature (that would
be cool though) but Wake Up Call from Five Speed
software (the people who make DashBoard) allows you
the ability to record your own alert!
and speaking of Dashboard...I wonder how difficult it
would be to create a Dashboard script that grabs the
current time and then speaks it?
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Jeremy Bond Shepherd <jbond_at_eskimo.com> wrote:

> Is anybody aware of any Alarm Clock apps which use
> TTS to announce the time?
>
> I thought Adam Tow's AlarmClock did this, but I
> don't see any place
> to activate it in the prefs.
>
> Would be cool to wake up to a noise of my choice +
> an announcement of
> the time, so I don't let myself get carried away
> with those snoozes
> as I am prone to do. :-)
>
> -Jeremy

=====