Re: [NTLK] newton switch on by itself

From: Johannes Wolf (jkf.wolf_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 09:32:08 EDT

Forget about ESD, I do not think that this is the true reason.
First the Newt has no connection to ground and therefore you cannot get a
big discharge current (it is only charge movement) and
second the Newt has an internal shield deposited on its cover which is
effective for ESD.

I would rather search for a more substantial reason.
Maybe the switch is defective or the cables towards the switch touch the
metallic pen ...

Johannes