[NTLK] Newtonbook-->Palm ?

From: eric engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 11:58:39 EDT

I have a question: Is there any way to read a
newtonbook on a palm? I do not think so and have
written a Prof. Brown (Boston) who had that as a
project for his students to ask.

I am asking because now that I have newtonpress (wow!
MUCH better than paperback!) I am planning on
converting lots of law books into newton format. Sadly
I note that I am the only person at my law school
(aside from my girlfriend) who has a newton (or other
pda!) OTOH that means that we have a 100% newt rate...

Any ideas or links to information on the newtonbook
data format and the palmbook data format are
appreciated. If it were just a matter of writting a
basic parser I could do that. But I have neither the
newtonbook nor the palm doc's format.

=====
My Web sites:
http://www.geocities.com/engleerica/ (law)
http://www.geocities.com/newtontechspecs (Newton!)
Losers are winners if they've got no enemies.