Re: [NTLK] 68K RoM image

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 11:57:18 EDT

on 13/04/02 05:16, Jon Glass at jonglass_at_mac.com wrote:

> on 4/12/02 6:55 PM, Laurent Daudelin at nemesys_at_cox.rr.com wrote:
>
>> The use of 2 (two) periods is not grammatically appropriate. I can't stand
>> seeing people writing and ending their sentences with 2 periods! Specially
>> when they start their next sentence with a lowercase!
>>
>> ;-D
>
> I think that was supposed to be an ellipsis... ;-)

Well, I think an ellipsis is how you ended up your comment, with three
periods... <- like this!

;-D

-Laurent.

Brooks's Law prov.: "Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later" -- a result of the fact that the expected advantage from splitting development work among N programmers is O(N) (that is, proportional to N), but the complexity and communications cost associated with coordinating and then merging their work is O(N^2) (that is, proportional to the square of N). The quote is from Fred Brooks, a manager of IBM's OS/360 project and author of "The Mythical Man-Month" (Addison-Wesley, 1975, ISBN 0-201-00650-2), an excellent early book on software engineering.