Re: [NTLK] [OT] PayPal gripes

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 11:56:15 EDT

on 13/04/02 02:15, Tony Kan at tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz wrote:

> Yeah, Montreal was a rough place. While on my round the world backpacking
> trip I was followed a couple of times by guys asking for money and
> approached me in a threatening manner... Only other place where that
> happened was Nairobi Kenya.

You probably didn't have good relations ;-) I lived 5 years in Montreal,
commuting through the metro systems and although I've been asked some times
for money, it'd never been in a threatening manner...

-Laurent.

brute force adj.: Describes a primitive programming style, one in which the programmer relies on the computer's processing power instead of using his or her own intelligence to simplify the problem, often ignoring problems of scale and applying naive methods suited to small problems directly to large ones. The term can also be used in reference to programming style: brute-force programs are written in a heavyhanded, tedious way, full of repetition and devoid of any elegance or useful abstraction (see also brute force and ignorance).