Re: [NTLK] Used Newts history

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 13:10:45 EDT

You know, I read that alot..."most of the things the
Newton can do, can be done by other computers"...
uh, I don't think so! On the surface, this may seem
correct. But just going through the motions doesn't
count. When I demo the Newt, I make the attempt to
show how streamlined and smoothly integrated the Newt
is. All the other devices operated like a bunch of
disjointed applications that just happen to reside on
a single device. On the Newt, it operates like all the
applications are the same program...And handwriting
isn't an "add-on".
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Jeremy Bond Shepherd <jbond_at_eskimo.com> wrote:

> >My standard demo consists of:
>

> [snipped]
>
> Wow, that's pretty good. I'll have to try that. The
> only reaction I
> get to my Newt anymore is "gee that thing's HUGE.
> Don't you want to
> get a Palm Pilot?" I'm usually pretty speechless at
> that point, since
> most of the things you can say Newton can do can
> easily be done by
> other computers. It's the OS, HWR, and application
> integration that
> makes Newton special, and those things are hard to
> explain in an
> elevator speech.
>
> -Jeremy

=====