Re: [NTLK] [OT] PayPal gripes

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 01:20:22 EDT

I've been hearing and reading all about these people
having problems with PayPal for a while now and
honestly, I can't see the problem! I've had my PayPal
account back when they first came out. I was part of a
beta program that used the services of the company I
worked for to test out if something like PayPal would
work (I believe that there were two similar ventures
back then...PayPal and something else..like buddy pay
or something?)
I've spend thousands using my PayPal account, both
from one of several credit cards I have registered and
my checking account. I've even received thousands
through selling stuff or reimbursements. I even have a
PayPal credit card (actually a debit card against the
balance in my PayPal account) and my balance earns
interest! Heck! Once I paid with my paypal account at
a computer show! I purchased a hard drive and logged
into my account on his laptop right there! Transferred
the funds and it was done! The ultimate in simple
transactions!
I never use cash and I never have more than 20 bucks
on me. I use credit cards for everything (my local
Popeyes Chicken and Burger King both take credit
cards) and for the two weeks in Hawaii, we went with
$500 cash ($300 travelers checks) and came back with
$300! Just used the cash for street vendors...I don't
like cash and I don't spend it very well...I tend to
not know where it went. My credit card company sends
me a book twice a year that compiles my spending
categorized by vendor and broken down by month. Now I
have information on exactly how much I spend at
Safeway every month, or gasoline...or even Popeyes!
I just wish there were an easier way than credit
cards! I'ld love a method in which I can transfer
funds directly between two people!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Alex <admeddemda_at_f-m.fm> wrote:
<snip>

> Perhaps if I lived in the USA I'd feel differently
> about Paypal....=20
> but for international users, Paypal really can suck.

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -