Re: [NTLK] NCU Connection Error code -1

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 09:51:00 EDT

On 10/04/02 06:31, "Tony Kan" <tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz> wrote:

> Thanks for the help. I have just spent the last couple of hours tweaking
> the slowdown slide bars and trying out different combinations of
> communication speeds with varying degrees of success. The best I've got is
> about five seconds of backup. Is there a better way than the Monte Carlo
> (i.e. pot luck) approach that I'm currently taking to get a stable
> connection?
>
> Supplementary questions:
>
> Presumably the "speed" slider slows down the CPU, but what does the
> "reaction" slider do? May be if I understood its meaning it might help me
> to make more intelligent choices.

Did you try running 2 (two) instances of SlowDown, with both sliders to the
left?

-Laurent.

CLM /C-L-M/: [Sun: `Career Limiting Move'] 1. n. An action endangering one's
future prospects of getting plum projects and raises, and possibly one's
job: "His Halloween costume was a parody of his manager. He won the prize
for `best CLM'." 2. adj. Denotes extreme severity of a bug, discovered by a
customer and obviously missed earlier because of poor testing: "That's a CLM
bug!"