Re: [NTLK] OT: iPod vs. RioVolt sp100 & Firewire Question

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 12:56:06 EDT

>On 02/04/10 @ 0:32 AM, Oliver Brose wrote:
>
>Well, MP3/CD means lots of CDs, lots of burning, lots
>of labeling, lots of filing, + you'd have to carry 12+
>700MB CDs to reach a 10gig iPod regarding flexibility.
>
>I have 500 songs at 320kbps (for me that's CD quality
>with decent headphones and on the go), so about 40-50
>albums on my 5GB iPod.

And now with the new iPod (10GB HD), you can easily store twice the
number of albums.

IMHO, a RioVolt while cheaper is not near as convenient or useful for
those of us who use Macs and have iTunes.

The iPod has so many advantages: large capacity, FW, iTunes sync'ing,
nice interface, decent sound output, easy to carry size and weight, long
lasting battery, can recharge via FW or by outlet, you can operate one
handed, and it doubles as a external drive.

My 2 cents worth...

Sushi