Re: [NTLK] OT: portable cd player

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde_at_plg2.math.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 12:50:30 EDT

Florian wrote:

>I also have an RioVolt, really cool. But as I know, you are not allowed to
>use an CDRom Device in a plane.

Lufthansa (which from your e-mail address, Florian, I expect you have
a tendency to fly with) will not permit even regular portable CD
players to be used inflight. None of the other airlines I have flown
with recently have this restriction, though many ask you to put them
away for takeoff and landing, along with other electronic gear. I
discovered this when, having not paid attention to the "safety video"
as usual, I listened throughout a transatlantic flight, and was only
warned by the flight attendant close to the end of the flight when I
was packing up my Newton and keyboard and she noticed the player
connected to the headphones on my ears. --PR