[NTLK] MP2000 to 2100

From: Thomas Hart (those_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 12:18:56 EDT

I'm thinking of taken the home made plunge and upgrading the memory of
my 2000 but I can't seem to find the message in the archive with the
info I need.

Could anyone who has done this please let me know what chip
(manufacturer and part number/specs) I am looking for? I think the
message I read, long ago, said that they found them in a Toshiba or some
other laptop. And where I can find instructions? I have a page
bookmarked ( http://www.hbe.co.kr/korean/infomation/secdram.htm ) that
has old part numbers and their newer equivalents, but I have no idea who
the manufacturer is or where they were used.

I am dying to hack into my Newton and do whatever damage I can, since
even if I completely screw it up, that will just get me to buy a 2100 or
UMP2000.

Thanks,

Thomas