Re: [NTLK] OT: iPod vs. RioVolt sp100 & Firewire Question

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 11:32:24 EDT

> Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 06:35:16 -0500
> From: good-dog_at_northshore.net
> Subject: [NTLK] OT: iPod vs. RioVolt sp100 & Firewire Question
>

> I've gotten a lot of responses from people who think the RioVolt SP100,
> an mp3/cd player is a great machine for the price ($90 give or take).

Well, MP3/CD means lots of CDs, lots of burning, lots of labeling, lots of
filing, + you'd have to carry 12+ 700MB CDs to reach a 10gig iPod regarding
flexibility.

> Why would I want this rather than save my pennies and get an iPod?
> Granted the iPod can't play cd's, but I could put tons of cds into it.

I have 500 songs at 320kbps (for me that's CD quality with decent headphones
and on the go), so about 40-50 albums on my 5GB iPod. You can of course just
rip your CDs to WAV/AIFF and have pure CD quality from your iPod (still 7++
CDs for a 5GB iPod).
It doubles as a data-carrier, and FireWire is very very fast.

> By the way, since I have an original blueberry iBook, is there anyway to
> get an exterior device to be able to use firewire, allowing me to run
> itunes and hook up the iPod or other firewire devices?

*eech* it does not have any FW, doesn't it? Sorry, I guess there is no way
due to the lack of a cardslot... any ideas? If you had another FW Mac in a
network though, or the ability to use one from time to time...

Oliver :)

--
was willst du deinen kindern sonst erzaehlen: ich habe mir von meinen
ersten euros eine vasektomie geleistet, scheint aber nicht funktioniert