Re: [NTLK] NuShield

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 10:04:51 EDT

on 4/9/02 2:46 AM, Alex at astrilet_at_hiqsoft.com wrote:

> My biggest complain is that after instlling it on my newton screen becomes
> too
> blury and it does not decrease amount of reflected light significantly

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of these being
touted as a solution to reflected light/glare.

Also, I've never used a shield (I, personally, just don't see the need as
there's never that much crud on my screen. But then I take my handkerchief
out nearly daily and lightly brush off the few little dust particles that
are there. I also wipe my stylus tip off almost reflexively.), but the
physics of the situation is that if the front and back surfaces are about as
smooth as the screen, then there really can't be any blurring. This should
only happen if there's bumps or bubbles or fingerprints or the like, trapped
in the interface between the shield and the screen.

I suppose it's also likely you'd have to adjust your screen contrast
slightly once you put the shield on.

- Eric.