Re: [NTLK] I'm back (and bad news)

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 06:14:41 EDT

Ed,

> Well, my two weeks of "no technology" (except for my
> Newton) is over...I'm back in civilization! (and on
> Kauai, it's tough just getting a dial-up internet
> connection!)
> The bad news is I believe that the x-ray machine on
> Kauai damaged my Newton.

What a crummy experience.

The only thing I have been able to think up when travelling with my Newt is
to carry it in a bag with my PowerBook such that, when placed on the X-Ray
conveyor, it's about 20cm above the belt, more or less in the centre of the
machine as it passes through. This way it's as far as it can be from the
electromechanical components. Hopefully the PB (which sits below it) also
has an effect on screening/diffusing some fields or radiation.

Joel.