Re: [NTLK] OT: portable cd player

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 16:40:08 EDT

Hmmm, I'ld have to check the "in-flight" magazine for
approved devices, but I think you can only not use the
device during take-off and landing... During flight
should be no problem.
BUT!!!! from what I'm hearing...these cd/mp3/CDR
players have trouble playing these new copy protected
music CDs that are being created. I don't have one of
these devices, but due to the nature of the player,
they are designed to read audio tracks as well as data
tracks and the new copy protected CDs have a data
track that prevents them from being played in anything
but an audio specific player...
I'ld ask around before making a purchase...
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Florian Makesch <makesch_at_muenchen.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> I also have an RioVolt, really cool. But as I know,
> you are not allowed to
> use an CDRom Device in a plane.
>
> cheers
> Florian