Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #278

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 10:42:32 EDT

I used to work with one of the IMHO smartest solutions regarding printing in
a mixed (DOS, Mac, Newt) world, which was an HP printer (I guess it was an
HP 5) connected to the Ethernet using the HP Jet Direct interface (built in
into the printer). You could set the interface to react on TCP-IP and
LocalTalk.
So the DOS users could use the printer via TCP-IP and all the Mac and Newt
users could "see" and access the printer via LocalTalk (over Ethernet).

Needless to ask who had the easier access and printer installation...

Johannes

< SNIP >