Re: [NTLK] PDFNewt

From: BOURGUIGNON D DvSI/SNPI MTY (didier.bourguignon_at_francetelecom.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 10:18:15 EDT

  My goal is to download a PDF from a PC (or Mac) to my Newton. The translation
will be done on the Desktop not on the MessagePad.

  The problem of the native PDF format is its big size. The NewtonBook format
economizes space and the support is native (no more tools in memory, cool
speed). The PC (or Mac) are more powerfull than our MessagePads (translation
will be fast).

  That's why I prefer translation against implementation. But, in the futur, why
not a PDFReader on the Newton.

  BTW thanks for your point of view.

Cordialement
Didier BOURGUIGNON