Re: [NTLK] voice notes

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 08:41:40 EDT

on 08/04/02 08:23, doppler at doppler_at_mac.com wrote:

> has anyone tried voicenotes 1.10, the dictating app for newton? it seems to
> be an awsome improvement to the built-in recording function (especially the
> player functions).
>
> does anyone know how to register? in the manual there are instructions on
> mailing a serial# to ebb-ubb, but what does int cost? is this company in
> operation at all? is support included for the fee? (i assume its not for
> free)

I use Voice Notes from time to time and indeed, it's a vast improvement over
the built-in Notes.

The registration process is a little bit misleading. I think that Modasys,
creator of VoiceNotes, had a few mistakes when they translated their
registration page in English. Basically, you supply them with the internal
ID of your Newton and they'll provide you with a registration code. When I
got my spare 2100, I asked them for another code since I was putting my
original 2100 to rest a little bit and they provided me with another code
without delay.

-Laurent.

CLM /C-L-M/: [Sun: `Career Limiting Move'] 1. n. An action endangering one's future prospects of getting plum projects and raises, and possibly one's job: "His Halloween costume was a parody of his manager. He won the prize for `best CLM'." 2. adj. Denotes extreme severity of a bug, discovered by a customer and obviously missed earlier because of poor testing: "That's a CLM bug!"