Re: [NTLK] Help! (Water spill!)

From: Phil Denton (nanjad_at_ozemail.com.au)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 17:04:13 EST

On April 06 2002, John Goggan <jgoggan_at_dcg.com> wrote:

>Ok -- I just spilled (a small amount) of Diet Pepsi

John,

That is a startup test "error message". I think it is a startup memory test =
error.

I have a Newt with that symptom and I found a broken track (using a Tandy =
30x 'Microscope' Micronta 63-8800) in the area around the ROM socket. Not =
game to fix it myself so waiting to visit my 'friend' with SMD rework =
station and skills.

Sounds like your Newt needs a good wash as well to get rid of any vestiges =
of the dreaded sticky stuff, which is a long job, but is OK if done =
properly. You might be lucky and remove a temporary short. Risk assesment =
time.

Good luck

Phil Denton