[NTLK] Touchscreens and iPods, Pixo, when does Apple quarterly results come out?

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 12:59:23 EST

   I was just thinking today that there is a very useful reason for why a
touchscreen should be intergrated into the current generation iPods
(basically a drastically overpowered MP3 player): setting the
equalizer. Sure, the wheel would make a slick way to set presets, but a
touch screen would allow it to match iTunes interface. It also occurred
to me that since the hard drive that the iPod uses is PC-Card based,
right? That must mean that the iPod has support for CardBus? I also
found this story (http://www.thinksecret.com/features/applepixo.html)
saying that the relationship between Apple and Pixo is getting a bit
sour. Hmm, leveraged buyout here by Apple?

   Does anyone know when Apple's quarterly results come out? The
scuttlebutt on the mac sites has been that the earnings are going to be
down, and irrational as it is, when Apple's earning go down even by a
penny, their stock seems to drop by half.. I want to know when to get
out, and then get back in a few days later.

Jim