Re: [NTLK] 2100 battery recharge questions

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 12:08:12 EST

on 4/5/02 11:43 AM, Kevin Fyure at digdog_at_mac.com wrote:

> Then, what is the correct way to use Newton's NiMHs battery?
    Unfortunately Apple doesn't give any recommendations in the battery
manual, but my experience with NiMH cells, including those in PowerBooks, is
that longer life can be achieved by discharging the cells fully, or close to
it, before recharging. A full discharge, using the cells until the machine
dies, every month or so is a good idea.
    So, I'd suggest recharging when the cells get down to about 15% most of
the time. Then make sure you run them down until the Newt dies occasionally.
    I'm sure others will have other opinions, but I've found this works for
me.

Peter