Re: [NTLK] Error -48418.

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 04:09:50 EST

Bryce,

>> viewStationery: paperroll, height: 70, title: "What Tune?", _version: 2,
>
> Is that what you had titled the note/recording in question?

That's right.

> Ack! I had a few audio notes in there as well... those might have been
> the problem?

There should not be but binary data like this is always more prone to
problems - especially if memory is tight.

> When I experienced this bug, I had deleted some older records from the
> InBox and moved the record beamed over into the Names application. I
> don't know enough about the guts of NewtonOS yet to say why that might
> have made a difference, though...

Very hard to trace what might be happening in the interactions between the
various components there.

>> But was beaming with the Obex stack installed a precursor to the problem
>> with the Notepad?
>
> Yes, it was.

Well it was in our two cases but does this point to a specific problem with
ObEx and the way it adds its functionality to the Notepad or to sound notes
specifically?

Though very handy when I need it, I use the ObEx suite very infrequently so
I have frozen the components for the time being - if there is a recurrance
then it won't be to blame.

Joel.