Re: [NTLK] 2100 battery recharge questions

From: Paul Nuernberger (newton_at_thenuernbergers.com)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 02:43:19 EST

General rule of thumb on all battery driven devices is to run on battery
until it says charge me, then charge until full. Repeat. With NiMH it has
been my experience that allowing it to 'trickle' charge after it is 'full'
for a few hours is a 'good thing'.

Since they have a finite number of recharge cycles, this will extend the
lifetime of your NiMH pack(s). I almost always carry a battery tray with
Duracells in it if I am running low, just in case.

If you use Avi's backdrop it will always show the battery level - very
handy! Also, the use of Options by SBM allows you to (among other useful
things) set the 'low' level of the pack to say 15% instead of the 20% set by
Apple in NOS.

Oh, BTW, I always have liked your sig's. (been in lurk mode for a while).

Paul Nuernberger