[NTLK] NetTime

From: Jesse Garnier (lists_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 00:35:25 EST

I had been wondering why NetTime wasn't syncing my Newton's clock, using
either the default server or any of Apple's time servers. Then I discovered
that many time servers have stopped supporting the RFC-868 Time Protocol
used by NetTime in lieu of the more popular RFC-1305 Network Time Protocol.

Through a bit of digging I found out that NIST servers still support the 868
protocol. I use time-a.nist.gov, but a whole list is available at:

http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/service/time-servers.html

Just thought I'd drop the note for anyone for whom NetTime isn't working.

Cheers--

--Jesse