Re: [NTLK] Battery query

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 13:34:48 EST

Am 3.4.2002 22:42 Uhr schrieb "Robert Benschop" unter <rbenschop_at_mac.com>:
> on 03-04-2002 10:35, Dar, S.- Shabaz - at S.Dar_at_Canon-Europa.com wrote:
>> Am I screwing up the batteries/my MP2100 by using the AC adaptor from an
>> MP120?
To me, screwing up means doing something bad to the batteries or MP2k. In
the case of connecting a MP120 AC adaptor to a MP2kx is only charges slower
because of the smaller maximum current of the MP120 (7W charger). I do it
all the time in the office because I've a MP130 there as well and only a 7W
adaptor.

>> At the moment, my MP2100 is plugged in and the batt status shows 18% (or
>> whatever) and a status of 'Charging'. When I *unplug* it, it shoots up to
>> 100% charged with a status of 'Disharging'.
I noticed this as well and I think it is caused by the algorithm to
determine the capacity, which uses the voltage as indicator and is a sort of
an inverse accu charging curve. I think if you wait a bit longer or switch
the Newton off and on again the capacity reading goes back to the previous
more realistic value.

>> Even though the FAQ states "Any Newton adapter will work with any Newton"
I would not connect the 9W charger to a MP130. However, I tried it more then
once and nothing happened but it is not recommended because the mobo might
burn out if the internal protection circuitry is killed.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG