Re: [NTLK] alignment frustration

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 08:04:52 EST

on 04/04/02 06:00, Darius Zendeh at newton_at_dariuszendeh.de wrote:

>> I am now spending almost my whole day trying to keep my loyal little mp2100
>> aligned. Please help with any suggestions. Currently I have tried sliding a
>> business card around the case, using Pledge, and twisting and pressing the
>> case. Sometimes it behaves for a while but then inevitably goes weird again.
>> Thanks for any suggestions.
>>
>> Tad Crohn
>
> Dear Tad,
> I have had the same problem with my MP2100. You have to find the spot, where
> to slide in the piece of card. The spot for my Newton was somewhere between
> the speaker and the lock. I used a stripe of about 1cm.

Alternatively, again, it may well be that the internal contacts between the
touch screen and the cable that goes to the motherboard are dirty and would
need cleaning. Not for the faint of heart...

-Laurent.

elder days n.: The heroic age of hackerdom (roughly, pre-1980); the era of the PDP-10, TECO, ITS, and the ARPANET. This term has been rather consciously adopted from J. R. R. Tolkien's fantasy epic "The Lord of the Rings". Compare Iron Age; see also elvish and Great Worm.