Re: [NTLK] How - Notes to Mac via NCU??

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 23:20:55 EST

on 03/04/02 18:30, Frank Gruendel at Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de wrote:

>> To get notes from your PC into your Newt, I believe you can use one of two
>> options in Newton Connection Utilities
>
> While we're at it: How the f**k does the other direction work? How do I get
> a plain note exported to a text file, copied to the clipboard or whatever in
> order
> to use the text in a plain desktop text editor?
> All NCU allows is Export, and this results in a text file in which the real
> text is
> but a small part, the rest is all the other fields a note on the Newton has
> (date, folder, ...).
> I know this is possible with RCU, but this is just such a common problem
> that
> there *must* be an Apple solution.
> Oh boy, I wish the Newton Connection Kit worked on OS 2.0 devices...

Hmmm, I don't understand. I've been able to export a few notes in the past
with NCU and never had any problem opening the resulting text file in any
word processor. Am I missing something?

-Laurent.

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic. Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.