[NTLK] Thank you a bunch!

From: Mike Weisman (popeye_at_speakeasy.org)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 06:25:02 EST

Just a quick thank you to everyone who helped me get it on with my Emate. I
mean, get on the wireless network. I am using an eMate 300 with a Lucent
Silver WaveLan card, and a Orinoco/Lucent RG-1000 that I have flashed with
the Airport Firmware, latest iteration. The Airport Admin Utility works
fine. I am using Hiroshi's alpha 2 and alpha 3 drivers.

I have been able to connect to my desktop over the network. My desktop is a
PowerPC Mac G3 running OS 9.2. I am using a D-Link DI-704 router because
the AP only has one Ethernet port. My Internet access is over a cable
modem, my ISP is AT&T cable.

I have been able to establish the AppleTalk network no problem, and I have
successfully used NCU to backup my Emate wirelessly, which is a great help.
It was no problem to install packages wirelessly. I can see all the
directories on my desktop. The wireless connection is fast, faster I think
than serial.

I have not been able to get my Emate to see the printer, which is connected
directly to the desktop because it is a LaserJet. I think I need to learn a
little more about setting up the network.

I have been able to access the Internet, but have had trouble logging in to
my shell account. But I think this is a Simplemail configuration issue, not
a problem with the wireless. I haven't tried browsing yet. Still too
excited.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this project. I hope to be able to
propagate the Newton as a public wireless tool, and this is just my first
little baby step.

Mike Weisman

Hey check out those Fujitsu Stylistics!!!!!

--
Please respond to:
Mike Weisman