Re: [NTLK] Registration Tactile software

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 01:51:38 EST

> And the serial numbers are probably for Hendrik only, apart from the fact
> that I wouldn't use them anyway, why would I want to be Hendrik for the
rest
> of my life ;-0
> (and the rest of your serials wouldn't work anymore as well...)
Tactile used to use one of the most weird SN schemes. Owner Name + a seed
code, probably derived from the date of installation of the package. This
makes it completely impossible to get the software registered after a brain
wipe and I hate this a lot. I paid for SolitoDX and Newtris and could
finally use them only a few months and of course after restoring of the
backup Solito worked but the errors where there as well. So I was forced to
abandon the Solito registration in order to get a working system.

I would however be willing to shell out another couple of bucks and
re-register the software I already bought, but only if someone introduced a
more brain wipe friendly SN scheme.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand