Re: [NTLK] Compact Flash

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 03:57:18 EST

>>On 01/01/2002 @ 11:15AM, Thomas Cherry wrote:
>>
>>What gets me is the cost of the drivers, about 50 USD
>>if I did the conversion right from EU to $. I hope
>>I am wrong on that.
>
>On 4/2/02 @ 17:18, Paul Guyot wrote:
>
>It's 43,89 USD this morning. If you find it too
>expensive, just get some linear cards.

Thomas, let's do some quick price comparisons.

Using a 128MB CF Card vice 32MB LFM cards:
- I can get one for something like $80.
- Paul's ATA driver at $50 (using round numbers).
- That would be $130.
- I can get 32MB LFM cards for $35 each.
  (Note $35 is for used cards. New ones cost a lot more)
- I would need 4 32MB LFM for the same storage
- It would cost me $140, or $10 more

Using a 256MB CF Card vice 32MB LFM cards:
- I can get one for something like $130.
- Paul's ATA driver at $50 (again using round numbers).
- That would be $180.
- I would need 8 for the same storage
- It would cost me $280, or $100 more

If you need more storage than 256MB, the cost disparity goes up even more.

Sure I would like to see Paul charge less for his ATA driver, but that's
up to him.

Sushi