Re: [NTLK] WaveLAN alpha3 driver issues

From: Jesse Garnier (lists_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 00:38:17 EST

John Ruschmeyer wrote not long ago (4/1/02 7:31 PM):

> I've had DHCP problems with the WaveLAN driver, too. Basically, it just
> never seemed to get an address. In my case, I finally gave up and just gave
> the Newton and IP address.
>
> With my 3Com, it's a little slow, but eventually works.

I use a NetGear Gateway Router serving DHCP and the AirPort bridging to
Ethernet. My Newt would fail to get an IP address maybe 1 in 25 or 30 times.
Not too bad, but I've switched to manual at home. Can't control the DHCP
environment at work as much (although I did convince them to let me re-name
the Wireless network 'Newton' and restrict access via MAC addresses rather
than passwords... ;)

--Jesse