[NTLK] WaveLAN alpha3 driver issues

From: Jesse Garnier (lists_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 14:18:15 EST

Just thought I'd see if those of you using the WaveLAN alpha3 driver are
having the same issues I am with it. I've been using it extremely heavily
for about two weeks. Generally speaking, it works extremely well, but I have
been running into the following issues:

* Package installs. Small packages seem to install fine. Packages over 75k
will usually, but not always, stall, resulting in a (slow) timeout. When I
try to dock again immediately thereafter, I get a "Newton does not have
enough memory" error. It's fine upon reboot but still hangs at times on
large packages.

* DHCP. I check every 10 minutes during the day and works 95% of the time
with no problems. I have it set to disconnect from the Internet immediately,
so I have to obtain a new address every time I connect. Occasionally,
though, it will not obtain a DHCP address and will need to be rebooted
before it will work properly. I don't know if this is a WaveLAN or NIE
issue, since I've never checked this frequently with a wired card.

I've recently wiped the Newt and re-installed all apps, but the problem
existed before (and after) the wipe.

Thanks--

--Jesse