[NTLK] NewtonIM, was newtjab

From: Rodney Tamblyn (rodney_at_stonebow.otago.ac.nz)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 18:32:09 EST

Thanks Eric - that worked better for me. Strangely I can only get message exchange to work between Jabber IDs, whenever I try to use one of the gateways to talk to another system (Yahoo, AIM, ICQ) it fails (this is regardless of whether I am using Mac, PC or Newton, or which server I connect to)... seems like the gateways to other systems are a little flaky to say the least, or else I am missing something fundimental in my understanding...

Rodney

>Try NIM at http://www.allaboutjake.com/newton/newtonIM.htm

Rodney Tamblyn
Educational Media group
Higher Education Development Centre, 75 Union Place
University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
ph +64 3 479 7580 Fax +64 3 479 8362
http://hedc.otago.ac.nz ~ http://rodney.weblogs.com